A SHAMAN'S APPROACH TO SURVIVING CHRISTMAS: HANDLING MONEY
HOW HANDLING OUR CHRISTMAS MONEY TRIGGERS CAN BE A GATEWAY TO A PROCESS OF SELF-REALISATION WHICH CAN CHANGE EVERYTHING.
This month I’m presenting a special series called “A shaman’s approach to surviving Christmas” WHICH contains the 7 following episodes:
- A shaman’s approach to Christmas: A general overview (BONUS EPISODE)
- Handling crowds (EPISODE 9)
- Handling our money and spending (EPISODE 10)
- Coping with family (EPISODE 11)
- + 3 weekly practice recordings (BONUSES).
**EPISODE 10: HANDLING MONEY**
This week’s episode tackles money.
As the season of giving, gifting, spending and receiving, it’s a potent time to look at our money triggers and how these might be pointing to bigger issues which, once resolved, can have a deep impact across many areas of our lives.
This is because money issues tend to involve shame, guilt, fear and lack of self-love.
So if you are wondering what your “fiery” reaction to your uncle sam’s inappropriate present has to do with all of the above, read on…
In this episode, I talk about what I call the “Christmas spending vortex of doom” which involves:
Lack of boundaries
Lack of self love
As a response to this vortex, we look at the following concepts:
- Understanding that, like everything else, money is energy. It is
neither limited, finite nor material.
- We own nothing: Nothing belongs to us
- As Everything is one: giving is receiving, but receiving is also
Next, I propose the following series of practices to help us dive in to the heart of where the potent healing power lies.
Practice 1: GRATITUDE FOR EVERYTHING
- A process which invites you to say thank you to everything for 24 hours. Ie: thank you to the tea spoon for holding the sugar, thank you to the person at the supermarket for enabling you to buy food, thank you to the garbage container for holding your trash. This process shifts the energy of everything around us.
Practice 2: SIT IN THE FIRE OF YOUR BANK STATEMENTS
- Willingly look at your bank account details and scan the transactions.
- Stop on the ones you might be regretting.
Sit with the emotions of that, find gratitude and forgiveness for it.
Practice 3: WHEN DID YOU BEGIN TO BELIEVE YOU COULD NOT BE LOVED
-Bring yourself to meditation
-Once centred, try to remember or ask to be shown when you began to believe you were not worthy of love.
-Sit with that moment.
Practice 4: WHAT IF YOU LOST EVERYTHING?
-Picture the possibility of losing everything.
-Sit in meditation and sit in the fire of it.
This podcast episode was recorded live during a talk at Soho House Barcelona Earlier this month.
As usual, it is followed by a weekly practice: a 19 minute guided dive into our physical and energetic body using awareness, breath, intention, sound and light.
Tune in next week, on Christmas eve, for the last episode of the series ” Coping with family”.
If you are in the UK, feel free to join my special solstice shaman circle. [https://www.marcperidis.com/events/2018/12/21/special-sosltice-shamanic-circle]
As usual, do send me any feedback or questions on firstname.lastname@example.org.